Saturday, July 20th 2019 2 – 5pm
To be held in the Community Centre (LD3 7TR)
JUDGING SCARECROW COMPETITION FUN, GAMES, STALLS, SPORTS EGG THROWING, TUG OF WAR ART AND CRAFT COMPETITIONS
1. Best painting ‘Discovery’ (pre school and nursery)
2. Best painting ‘Discovery’ (Class 1 – 3)
3. Best Painting ‘Discovery’ (Class 4 – 6) Adult
4. Best limerick starting – ‘There was a monster who lived in the lake’
5. Best sentence starting with the letters – ‘LLYN SAFADDAN’
6. Best photograph – ‘PETS’ Please bring entries to the village hall between 10am – 12md on the day of the competition Each exhibit must have the exhibitor’s name and class number in a sealed envelope attached to it Exhibits must be the sole effort of the exhibitor. Various sports competitions for children and adults
Public meetings are to be held at:
LLangasty Village Hall (5.30pm Wed, 27/3/19)
Llangors Community Centre (10.00am Mon, 01/4/19)
Llanfihangel Village Hall (7.00pm Mon, 01/4/19)
There will be a prize bingo evening at Llangors Community Hall in April to raise funds for Play Park Project. Click here for details.
Sunday morning saw a group of local residents plant crocus bulbs on the triangle in Llangors. 500 bulbs were given by Brecon Rotary Club to plant in the village, to help raise awareness of the efforts made to eradicate Polio across the world. This is a national campaign and thousands of crocus bulbs have been planted around the country (Purple4Polio Campaign).
WOW! Clue Murder performed by The Lake Players last month (written and directed by Alan Lodge) raised an amazing £1,300.00 for local causes!
£450.00 was presented last Thursday to Melrose East for the Llangorse Play Park equipment as well as £200 for the Llangorse Youth and Community Centre (see bottom left). £200 has also been raised for the Llanvihangel Talyllyn Village Hall with a further £450.00 for local churches.
Looking forward to the next adventure! Da iawn all!
On Boxing Day there is a community walk starting in Bwlch at the shop/village hall at 10.30, walking over the mountain back into LLangorse. Soup and roll available at the Castle on return. Please wear appropriate clothing. Dogs on leads welcome.
Llangors Youth and Community Centre is very pleased to announce that the Play and Recreation Park has been chosen by the CO-OP store as one of its charities in the next round of the Local Community Fund. We would like you to support us by raising as much money as possible over the next 12 months.
What do you need to do?
• Obtain a CO-OP membership card from your local CO-OP store. This will cost you £1.
• Sign in on line – www.coop.co.uk/membership
• Choose your local cause – Click on ‘Llangors Youth and Community Centre’ and then ‘Back this Project’. There are 2 others to choose from.
Then shop in CO-OP stores.
What happens then?
• When you buy selected CO-OP branded products and services, 1% of the money will be donated to our charity
• Please tell all your friends to do the same.